dcc: [pid] terminated: exit 241

Vernon Schryver vjs@rhyolite.com
Wed Feb 3 18:27:40 UTC 2016

> From: Simon B <simon@lydiard.net>
> To: Simon B <simon.buongiorno@gmail.com>
> Cc: Vernon Schryver <vjs@rhyolite.com>, dcc@rhyolite.com

> But trying the tests you suggested didn't work for me.  I assume this
> is because I was doing something wrong.
>
> root@mail:~# su -c "dccproc -Q" amavis
> fake-header: asdf
> ^C
> Session terminated, terminating shell...

Why `su`?  Isn't dccproc set-uid to the UID that owns /var/dcc/map?

Don't you need to use control-D to send EOF to dccproc instead of
aborting the program with the SIGINT produced by control-C?

The test message I suggested was not 1 line but 3 liness of a bogus
header, the blank line that separates SMTP headers from message
bodies, and a line of message body.  You could instead feed any
complete SMTP message to dccproc or dccif-test by putting the message
including headers into a file and feeding the file to `dccproc -i`
or `dccif-test -I`

> root@mail:~# dccif-test
> no recipients specified

In most installations dccif-test does not need to be run as root.

`dccif-test -z` should produce a usage message.

> result 0: connect(/var/dcc/dccifd): No such file or directory

That suggests that dccifd is not running, or if it is running, has been
told to listen at some other UNIX domain socket.