dcc: [pid] terminated: exit 241

Simon B simon.buongiorno@gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 18:27:06 UTC 2016

On 2 Feb 2016 18:59, "Vernon Schryver" <vjs@rhyolite.com> wrote:

> > From: Simon B <simon.buongiorno@gmail.com>
>
> >       10   SpamAssassin diagnostics
> > --------------------------------------------------- [ sadiags ] -
> >       10      Info
> >        1         dcc: [23766] terminated: exit 241
>
> > I also grepped the entire /usr/share/dcc-dccproc-1.3.158/ directory for
the
> > exit code - all to no avail.
>
> Is it possible that you are using dccifd instead of dccproc, either
> after explicitly turning on dccifd or after dccproc has auotomatically
> started dccifd?

Honestly, I have no idea.  I followed install instructions and until
recently haven't had an issue.

How would I tell?

> In any case, my guess is that some part of SpamAssassin is exiting with
> a status of 241.  I'd first try the SpamAssassin DCC plugin tests.
> I'd also look for error messages in the system logs.

I recently made changes to spamassassin which is when I noticed this.
Further changes reduced but have not eliminated them and I would basically
like to understand them..

The errors are from the mail log - which is where all mail related messages
go.

I'm not at my machine right now so I can't be more specific on the recent
changes.  I'm reasonably sure the log lines are coming from dcc but I'll
check..

> Then I'd try some manual DCC tests.  Feeding the following three lines to
> `dccproc -Q` should give an X-DCC header and some checksums:
>
> fake-header: asdf
>
> asdf
>

> I'd also try hitting dccifd with a similar test message using
`dccif-test`.

Cheers. I'll try that tomorrow..

Simon