No rule to make target `-lmilter', needed by `dccm'.

Vernon Schryver vjs@rhyolite.com
Mon Jul 21 15:09:15 UTC 2014

> From: Petar Bogdanovic <petar@smokva.net>

> I knew about DANE and it's also an item on my todo-list but I'm not
> sure.. what does that have to do with libmilter? :)

I'm not certain that the postfix milter interface is close enough,
and so I might switch from sendmail+dccm to postfix+dccifd.

> sure.. what does that have to do with libmilter? :)  Since Exim does not
> implement the Milter API, does that mean you would like to drop milter
> support or did I completely misunderstand your reply?

I believe in things like upward compatibility and so even if I stop
using dccm, I will support it,
just as I have long supported other DCC related things that I don't
use including Linux and SpamAssassin.

> BTW, postfix also supports DANE:
>
> 	http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls_dane
> 	http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6698

Yes, that was my brain fart.   I hope to switch to postfix but not to exim.