lock_open(/var/lib/dcc/whiteclnt.dccw): No such file or directory

Vernon Schryver vjs@rhyolite.com
Sun Jul 20 17:29:31 UTC 2014

> From: Michael Grant <mgrant@grant.org>

> lock_open(/var/lib/dcc/whiteclnt.dccw): No such file or directory
>
> So being someone who doesn't like errors, I tried creating this file.
> But then I noticed that dccm seems to remove this file again when it starts.
>
> Is this normal and can be ignored?  What's the difference whiteclnt.dccw
> and whiteclnt (without the dccw extension)?

/var/dcc/whiteclnt.dccw is created automatically by dccm from
/var/dcc/whiteclnt

It is not deleted by dccm unless it does not appear to be a DCC client
whitelist hash table.

I would look for log messages about problems parsing /var/dcc/whiteclnt
if whiteclnt.dccw is not being created.

Permissions are common causes of problems.  Can the dccm process
create files in /var/lib/dcc or wherever you've told it?  Can
it read the whiteclnt file?