lock_open(/var/lib/dcc/whiteclnt.dccw): No such file or directory

Michael Grant mgrant@grant.org
Sun Jul 20 16:56:13 UTC 2014

In running dccm in debug mode, I keep seeing this error:

lock_open(/var/lib/dcc/whiteclnt.dccw): No such file or directory

So being someone who doesn't like errors, I tried creating this file.
But then I noticed that dccm seems to remove this file again when it starts.

Is this normal and can be ignored?  What's the difference whiteclnt.dccw
and whiteclnt (without the dccw extension)?

I did actually try to track this down in the source but I got a bit
lost.  I see where the error is occurring but not where it's being removed.