building DCC - instructions in source

Michael Grant mgrant@grant.org
Sun Jul 20 16:42:13 UTC 2014

On 20/07/2014 17:19, Vernon Schryver wrote:
>> From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk>
>> I have downloaded DCC from source, unpacked it and I miss any README or
>> INSTALL file.
>>
>> There's INSTALL.html.in but I would prefer something that immediately tells
>> me what to do.
>>
>> could be something alike be added to distribution?
> Is INSTALL.html.in unusable?  It differs from the INSTALL.html generated
> by ./configure only in locally configured paths.

I think what Matus means is that there is no INSTALL read-me file that
is not formatted in html.  I have to admit that having the INSTALL.html
file formatted in html is not so useful when you are working at the
command prompt.  What I did was search out that file on the web and read
it there.

Michael Grant