sendmail not communicating with dccm

Vernon Schryver vjs@rhyolite.com
Sun Jul 20 14:16:43 UTC 2014

> From: Michael Grant <mgrant@grant.org>

> define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `clamav,dcc')
>
> Is this strictly necessary to have confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS?  I removed
> this line all together and it runs through both milters just fine, not
> sure why I would need this line.

To investigate that question, I would look for INPUT_MAIL_FILTER,
MAIL_FILTER(), INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(), confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS, and
InputMailFilters in cf/README and a couple of files in the cf/m4
directory in your copy of the sendmail source.

In particular, this paragraph in the 8.14.7 version of cf/README
looks like a clue about the problem:

  Note that setting `confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS' after any INPUT_MAIL_FILTER()
  commands will clear the list created by the prior INPUT_MAIL_FILTER()
  commands.