Reputation threshold?

Vincent Fox vbfox@ucdavis.edu
Fri Feb 1 03:09:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

We are planning to "go commercial" and enable DCC Reputation checking on
our mail routers.

However I am still unclear on the meaning of this setting:

"option threshold rep,20%"

The language describing it says:

"To choose a reputation threshold, consider the Mail with DCC
Reputations graphs. The narrow band of yellow, pink, blue and red shows
that most IP addresses have DCC Reputations that are either <1% or >60%.
It makes little sense to use DCC Reputation filtering with a threshold
below about 10% or above 60%. 40% or 50% is conservative threshold and
20% is somewhat aggressive. "

So does it mean that if you pick 40%, that the IP is 40% bulk and 60%
non-bulk?

What does it do with this threshold?  It doesn't appear to be a cutoff
since I still see
mail on my test server scoring in the lower bands.