completely disable logging

Tue Jun 21 14:13:57 UTC 2011

> From: Tom Kinghorn <thomas.kinghorn@gmail.com>

> Is there a way to completely disable logging.
>
> My /var/dcc/log directory fills up extremely quickly with message.

The log files created by dccm or dccifd for messages with DCC total
recipient counts above the thresholds you have configured in
/var/dcc/dcc_conf can be put into separate daily, hourly or
per-minute directories as described in the dccifd or dccm man pages.
http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/dcc-tree/dccifd.html#OPTION-l
The per-day, per-hour, or per-minute directories can be deleted
daily by the /var/dcc/libexec/cron-dccd script that must be run every
night or more frequently with a separate script.
That is often a better solution than turning completely disabling
mail message logging.
http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/dcc-tree/misc/cron-dccd

As mentioned in the distributed /var/dcc/dcc_conf file, logging can
be turned off completely by setting DCCM_LOGDIR='' or DCCIFD_LOGDIR=''
http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/dcc-tree/homedir/dcc_conf