local vs. global counts for checksums

Wed Mar 23 19:51:02 UTC 2011

> > You need a commercial license if you sell anti-spam appliances or
> > services, or if you do not share your checksums.
>
> so if I have two servers, one of which shares my checksums, I can run them
> without commercial license?

If a server does not share its checksums, then it requires a
commercial license.

However, why would your internall server not share its checksums?
Why could it not flood its checksums to your other server while
refusing all incoming checksums with /var/dcc/flod lines like these:

/var/dcc/flod on external server at outside.domain.com:
  # connection to outside peers
   outside.example.com    5438 9876
   # connection to internal server
   inside.domain.com      4583 8967  all->reject

/var/dcc/flod on internal server at inside.domain.com:
   # connection to internal server
   outside.domain.com      8583 8967  -  all->reject

I wonder
   - if a single DCC server with two copies of dccifd with differing
       thresholds would be sufficient
   - if there will be enough email traffic to provide enough data for
       the inside DCC server to do any good