local vs. global counts for checksums

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar@fantomas.sk
Mon Mar 21 14:21:48 UTC 2011

Hello,

since many phishing attacks targeted on our company in the near past, and
resulting spam outbreaks of which we are a victim for some time, I would
like to know if we can have some database of checksums that appeared locally
(at our servers) for a MANY times, where MANY would be different number than
global MANY.

The logical alternative is to run DCC servers only for our company (which
requires commercial version of DCC), and always query both servers with
public and private checksum databases.

Whle I don't have problems running commercial DCC, thiis would also require
double checking for checksums in both MTA and SpamAssassin, which I found a
bit hard to implement, unless some (commercial?) version implements it.

Any recommendations about this problem?

Linux is like a teepee: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...