Trouble building dccm

Dean Maluski dean@n1ety.com
Tue Mar 1 02:40:41 UTC 2011

Running Fedora 12.
I had trouble with dcc finding sendmail sources.
Created a symlink then seemed to get a successful build.
Installed but watching maillog I'm getting
fopen(/var/run/dcc/dccm.pid): No such file or directory
Feb 28 21:26:02 zeke dccm[8549]: 1.3.138 listening to /var/run/dcc/dccm
with /var/dcc
Feb 28 21:26:02 zeke dccm[8549]: DCC: Unable to bind to
port /var/run/dcc/dccm: No such file or directory
Feb 28 21:26:02 zeke dccm[8549]: DCC: Unable to create listening socket
on conn /var/run/dcc/dccm
There is a copy of dccm in /var/dcc/libexec
but as you might expect running start-dccm a process is not started
in /var/run

I then tried update-dcc, first error is listed below

warning: 	*** cannot build dccm without mfapi.h ***
warning: 	*** cannot build dccm without sendmail libraries ***

I moved sources from root's directory to /usr/src/redhat and started all
over.
Rebuilt milter, sendmail, and dcc, seemed to go OK so did a make
install, same problem.

What other details can I provide??

mfapi.h does exist in sendmail src tree.

Dean