upgrade bug in DCC for version 1.3.134-1.8

Sun Nov 28 01:50:03 UTC 2010

> From: Jesper K Jensen <Jesper.Jensen@comcast.net>

> What about moving the current once to .save and install the new ones.

> >> For me it looks like that there is a small oversight in the updatedcc.
> >> The updatedcc forgets to update the cgi-bin footer and header.
> >
> > /var/dcc/cgi-bin/{header,footer} should not be updated if they've been
> > customized.

> > Would it be good enough to install the new versions as {header,footer}-new?

Breaking working web pages with customized headers and footers would
probably anger their owners more than not installing new files.
I try to pay attention to upward compatibility.  For example, that
is why the current versions of the new scripts use cgi-bin/common.pm,
but I also maintain and ship the old cgi-bin/common.

Why does it matter whether the footer and header files are installed?
The only change to the header file since the first version is the
comment that says "This file can appear in the cgi directory or a
per-user directory."  The footer file has gained only the same
comment and an <ADDRESS></ADDRESS> marking.