DNSBL -Bset:URL mode

Mon Nov 1 21:54:04 UTC 2010

> From: Kostik

> And URL like:
> ---
> DNSBL helper URL email.seekingalpha.com:80
> getaddrinfo(email.seekingalpha.com:80.dbl.spamhaus.org): No address
> associated with hostname\n

> > I'm testing -Bset:URL mode with dbl.spamhaus.org on dcc-1.3.130. It seems
> > there is a problem with parsing URL like: example.com?param=

Yes, http://dbltest.com?parameter and http://dbltest.com:80
are parsed wrong.
http://dbltest.com?parameter is easy to fix by treating '?' like '/'.
http://dbltest.com:80/ is a little more work to distinguish a password
such as in http://username:80@dbltest.com/

I will release a new version of DCC source with fix in a day or two.

Thank you for the bug report,
Vernon Schryver    vjs@rhyolite.com

P.S. The bug happens when -Bset:URL is used with dccproc, dccm, or
  dccifd.  See one of the man pages for information about using DNS
  blacklists and whitelists with the DCC client programs, perhaps at
  http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/dcc-tree/dccifd.html#OPTION-B