CPU load with dbclean

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Tue Oct 26 13:43:03 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 04:35:02PM +0100, Ricardo Ruivo wrote:
> Hello,
>   Sometimes I have dbclean process consuming more than 50% CPU and 25%
> of RAM for a few minutes on both dcc1.dei.uc.pt and dcc2.dei.uc.pt
> machines. Is there a way to optimize the execution of this process?
> How this process is launched? I did not have /var/dcc/libexec/cron-dccd
> in crontab. I disable log in dcc_conf (DCCM_LOG_AT=NEVER).

I haven't seen that problem, but I do use cron commands to run the
rebuild script.  Here's one from dcc1.cc.umanitoba.ca:

    45 3 * * * /usr/local/dcc/libexec/cron-dccd

The one on dcc2 runs at a different time so that one of the servers
is always available.  I believe that dccd will do its own rebuild if
the cron command isn't running.

Please check with the mailing list for better information than I
might provide.