Building on MacOS X Server 10.6.3

Fri Jun 11 15:52:51 UTC 2010

> From: "Pelletier, Robert" <pelletierr@csdhr.qc.ca>

> I know the way to create a daemon and lauch it changed in MacOS X
> 10.5/10.6. It is now via lauchctl.

Is Apple unclear about the nature of the classic BSD daemon() function?
It's not about "launching" a daemon from an "rc" script or inetd,
but about cleaning things such as stray file descriptors and
controlly ttys before the started daemon begins work.

> I tried the modifications. Make worked in clntlib and dccifd but
> fails in the source root directory.

That making dccifd worked suggests that a new version of `ld` in
MacOS X is broken.  That sounds unlikely, but I don't have a test
system or any other idea besides the thought that thrlib/libthr.a
was not rebuilt after the patch was applied.