Building on MacOS X Server 10.6.3

Fri Jun 11 15:08:23 UTC 2010

> From: "Pelletier, Robert" <pelletierr@csdhr.qc.ca>

> I tried to rebuild DCC on it, like I had on my Linux box, but the build
> failed.
>
> I did a ./configure, it went well, then I get this with "make".
>
> cc    dccifd.o ../thrlib/libthr.a  ../clntlib/libclnt.a
> ../dcclib/libdcc.a -lm -lresolv -o dccifd
> ld: duplicate symbol _dcc_ctxts_lock in
> ../clntlib/libclnt.a(clnt_unthreaded.o) and
> ../thrlib/libthr.a(clnt_threaded.o)
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [dccifd] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Is that seen with the current official source from
http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/source/dcc.tar.Z
instead of something ancient or "improved" by a third party such as a
Linux packager?  If so, it sounds as if something defined elsewhere for
dccifd on other platforms is defined only clnt_unthreaded.c.  Does the
enclosed patch for the versio 1.3.126 source should fix the problem?

Vernon Schryver    vjs@rhyolite.com

*** thrlib/old-clnt_threaded.c  Sat Jun  6 22:36:00 2009
--- thrlib/clnt_threaded.c      Fri Jun 11 14:59:40 2010
*** 245,251 ****

! #ifdef HAVE_LOCALTIME_R
  /* make localtime() thread safe */
  static pthread_mutex_t localtime_mutex;