DCC build options for performance and sizing

Fri Jun 11 02:55:42 UTC 2010

> From: Gary Mills <mills@cc.umanitoba.ca>

> Yes, I just rebooted my test server and it reverted to building the
> hash files in DCC's home directory, even though dcc_conf specified:
>
>     DBCLEAN_ARGS='-H /var/run/dcc'
>
> `dccd' started dbclean like this:
>
>     /usr/local/dcc/libexec/dbclean -Pq4SRbad -i NNNN
>
> I see that dccd can take a `-f' or `-F' option, but there's no place
> for `-H'.  Can I put this in `-C' if I specify the full path name?

There is a bug in the reboot case when the target of the symbolic
link disappears.  When started by dccd to repair the database,
dbclean fails to notice the dangling symbolic link.
However, when the nightly cron job runs, the hash table will move
back to your /var/run/dcc

A fix will be in the next release, 1.3.127.  Until then, unless the
system is rebooted frequently, the best solution is to let the cron job
move the hash table back to the RAM file system.

Thanks for the bug report.