DCC build options for performance and sizing

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Jun 11 02:09:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 01:33:21PM +0000, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> There is no need to shut down dccd.  Just add (or remove) -H/tmp
> to dcc_conf and run dbclean, perhaps by running cron script,
> /var/dcc/libexec/cron-dccd
>
> The main side effect is to require running dbclean to rebuild the hash
> table whenever the system is rebooted.

Yes, I just rebooted my test server and it reverted to building the
hash files in DCC's home directory, even though dcc_conf specified:

    DBCLEAN_ARGS='-H /var/run/dcc'

`dccd' started dbclean like this:

    /usr/local/dcc/libexec/dbclean -Pq4SRbad -i NNNN

I see that dccd can take a `-f' or `-F' option, but there's no place
for `-H'.  Can I put this in `-C' if I specify the full path name?