rejecting spam at SMTP time

Chris Aseltine ophidian@newsnation.com
Wed Apr 28 20:55:28 UTC 2010

I thought of another reason why this might not work.  A lot of times when I
sign up for some service, they send me an email to verify my account.  Many
times, their SMTP server (the one sending me the confirmation message) is on
somebody's blocklist.  If it got rejected, the web site thnks I gave a bogus
email address.