always seeing a Fuz2, etc. count of 1, no server name in X-DCC- header

Chris Aseltine ophidian@newsnation.com
Wed Apr 14 21:36:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010, Vernon Schryver wrote:

>> ...so I think the underlying mechanism is working, question is, why are
>> all the Fuz2's normal?  Even if I was somehow modifying
>> the message (which I don't think I am), wouldn't Fuz2 ignore it?
>
> I don't talk about the Fuz1 and Fuz2 algorithms; if you really care,
> you know where to look.

Okay, so, ... are you just hypothesizing that the spam in question was
sufficiently 'customized' to evade even Fuz2?  I guess I could accept
that, but all of my junk-mail is showing Fuz2=1.  I would expect at least
some of them to show up as bulk.  Otherwise how is the program useful?

>> By the way here is the original message.
>
> That dccm at your site said the DCC target counts for that copy of my
> response to your first message were 1 suggests that it had not been
> reported to your current DCC server more than once or to any other DCC
> server with a total target count large enough to justify flooding its
> checksums to other DCC servers.

I'm not sure I understand: http://dakota.newsnation.com/~ophidian/junkmsg44.txt
is the junk mail that I was talking about which had Fuz2=1.  It wasn't a
mailing list message.  I was showing in case you had any idea if something
in the message was throwing off Fuz2.