always seeing a Fuz2, etc. count of 1, no server name in X-DCC- header

Wed Apr 14 20:27:59 UTC 2010

> From: Chris Aseltine <ophidian@newsnation.com>

> I am using dccm with sendmail, and I always see a header like this:

> There's no server name any more (like "eatserver"), and all the checksum
> values are always a count of "1".
>
> How would I diagnose any potential problem?

The string between "X-DCC-" and "-Metrics" is a server name, but
my poor idea of a "brand" of DCC server, like "MAPS".  Many DCC
servers do not set their brand names.

The number "1282" in that X-DCC header is the server-ID of server you
are using.  You can see its IP address with the command `cdcc info`.
You should even see its reverse DNS name with `cdcc "info -N"`

Dccm, dccifd, and dccproc monitor the total round trip time to up to
a dozen DCC servers and use the fastest.

If you literally always see body counts of 1, then something is adding
text to your incoming email before dccm sees it.
Try feeding a mail message to `dccproc -H` to see if the counts change.