Authentication-Results headers from the DKIM milter

Mon Apr 12 17:45:22 UTC 2010

> From: Gary Mills <mills@cc.umanitoba.ca>

>                                      With the `--with-domainkeys'
> configure option, it too produces the two headers:

>     Would it work to have the DK and DKIM results both in the same
>     Authentication-Results header field?
>
> How well would this work with DCC?  Would it be better to have only
> one selected authentication method, or both of them?  I'm assuming
> that there would be a configuration setting to define the precedence
> if the milter only selects one.

I'm uncertain what "work" means in this case.  However,
  - if neither of the two separate headers nor the combined DK and DKIM header
      change for a given SMTP client (mail sender),
  - and if no mail from any other SMTP client has any or all of the
      same headers,
  -and if all three (two individuals and one combined) are in
      /var/dcc/whiteclnt,

then all mail from that SMTP client will be whitelisted by dccm and dccifd,
and no mail from any other SMTP client will be affected by those
whiteclnt entries.