Log message from WLIST tracing

Fri Mar 26 14:43:38 UTC 2010

> From: Gary Mills

> I have all of the local IP addresses (512 /24 networks) defined in the
> file localnets.wh that's included into the whitelist file.  So, they
> are defined on the server side, not on the client side.  Is that
> alright?

Client-side DCC whitelisting is almost always cheaper, faster, and
generally better.  Even when server-side whitelisting is useful,
you almost always want the same mail whitelisted by DCC clients,
which makes the server-side whitelist entries moot.
Some whitelisting must be done by DCC clients.  An example is the
MX or MXDCC whitelisting by one MX server of other MX servers for
a domain name.  Or the SUBMIT whitelisting of SMTP submission clients.

If your DCC clients use the public DCC servers as backups for your
local, private DCC servers, then some of your mail will not be
whitelisted.  While your DCC clients have fallen back to the public
DCC servers, whatever your local servers think is irrelevant.

See the main DCC man page, perhaps at
http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/dcc.html#White-and-Blacklists