What happens with duplicate substitute headers?

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Mon Mar 22 13:10:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:03:29PM +0000, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Gary Mills
> Vernon Schryver wrote:
>
> > > I would modify your DKIM milter to generate a different header for one
> > > of them, such as X-Authentication-Results-2.
>
> > RFC5451.  I suppose I could modify the code to generate a different
> > header for Domainkeys, but I'd only do that as an interim measure.

`Authentication-Results' is a standard header.  I'd like to stick
with the standards wherever possible.

> > > Or fix the milter to pick one answer instead of equivocating.  In other
> > > words, generate only one Authentication-Results header.
> >
> > That would be another interim modification.
>
> Why only a temporary change?  Why would you ever need to switch away
> from X- or only generating single headers?

On second thought, that seems like a better solution.  I'll see if the
developers of dkim-milter would be amenable to a precedence option for
authentication types.  I'd be quite happy to change the code.