dcc.iecc.com is renumbering

Tue Feb 9 06:19:44 UTC 2010

> From: "John R. Levine" <johnl@iecc.com>
> To: "Vernon Schryver" <vjs@calcite.rhyolite.com>
> Cc: dcc@calcite.rhyolite.com

> My ISP told me on rather short notice that they want their address space
> back, so I'm renumbering.
>
> dcc.iecc.com will move from 208.31.42.55 to 64.57.183.55.  It's now
> listening on both addresses, so I hope my peers see this and update their
> configurations to point to the new address.

As far as the DCC server daemon, dccd, is concerned, nothing needs
to be changed.  Within an hour or two after the DNS record for
dcc.iecc.com changes to 64.57.183.55, dccd on dcc.iecc.com's peers
will notice the new DNS record and try to connect to the new IP address.

Some things outside DCC must change, starting the A record on the three
DNS servers for iecc.com.

Firewalls near dcc.iecc.com's peers might need to change to allow
connections to and from port 6277 on the new IP address.

It is less common but possible that firewalls near dcc.iecc.com
itself will need to be adjusted.  Firewalls at some sites restrict
outoing connections to remote TCP port 6277 in addition to or instead
of incoming connections to the local TCP port 6277.

Running the following commands on dcc.iecc.com should help diagnose
any problems:
   cdcc stats
   cdcc "flood list"
   cdcc "flood stats all"