DKIM signatures with DCC

Bart Dumon bart.dumon@scarlet.biz
Tue Oct 27 23:03:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:21:03PM +0000, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> } On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 08:44:23PM -0700, Earl Killian wrote:
> } > What about using DNSWL on the IP address? They have none, low, med,
> } > high trustworthiness levels.
>
> Would people consider it worthwhile for the DCC client programs,
> dccm, dccifd, and dccproc, to honor DNS whitelists?  I'm not a fan
> of http://www.dnswl.org/ or the general idea, but that doesn't mean
> the code shouldn't support it if it would be used.

I would definitely use it. Whitelisting is probably the most maintenance-intensive part of using dccm and anything that somehow would mitigate the need of manual whitelisting by users would be welcome. And besides all that, there isn't much support in software for DNS whitelists at this time, adding support can only contribute to better and maybe more whitelists.

bart