DCC version 1.3.114/2.3.114 released

Wed Aug 26 02:49:16 UTC 2009

> From: "John R. Levine" <johnl@iecc.com>

> > Version 1.3.114 of the DCC source is in

> I built it on freebsd 7.2 and it crashes:
>
> #0  0x08054554 in iflod_read ()
> #1  0x0804d741 in main ()

I see no crashes in the DCC server, dccd, on a 32-bit FreeBSD 7.2
system I built today for the purpose.
However, that program counter was enough of a clue to find a bug
that ought to cause crashes.

I've released version 1.3.115/2.3.115 with what I hope is a fix.

> I realize this isn't much of a backtrace, I've backed off to 1.1.103 and
> will try to build with symbols and get a better traceback.

An easy way to build with symbols and line numbers is to use
updatedcc, as in:

   /var/dcc/updatedcc -e DBGFLAGS=-g

Updatedcc can also be used to back off to a previous version, as in:

   /var/dcc/updatedcc -V 1.3.113

However, with the fix in 1.3.115, I hope neither of those are needed now.

thanks,