dccifd: restart after signal 6

Sat Jun 6 01:02:56 UTC 2009

> From: Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org>
> To: Vernon Schryver <vjs@calcite.rhyolite.com>
> cc: dcc@rhyolite.com, lists-dcc@cappella.us

> the strange part of all this is, there has been a thread safe superset
> of libresolv for about 11 years.  just call res_ninit instead of
> res_init, and res_nsend instead of res_send.  netbsd doesn't know this?

I didn't know that, but now that you mention it, it's in non-NetBSD
versions of res_state.c, and so probably in NetBSD versions.
I'd not trust it without reading the whole resolver library because
"thread" does appear in res_state.c.  But there are plenty of
pthread.h and similar stains in other files in the
FreeBSD version of /usr/src/lib/libc/resolv/*

While I'm ranting about NetBSD, I wish they'd get with the program in
minor ways that wouldn't break anything.  I can't think of an excuse
for the spews of compiler warnings like these:
    sign.c:77: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'MD5Update' differ in signedness
Declaring your MD5Update() to take a const void * instead of a const
unsigned char * should be done even before you tune it.  It should be
done when you add "const" to the ancient code from the RFC 1321.