FreeBSD fcntl errors

Tue Jan 13 00:51:05 UTC 2009

> From: Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>

> I saw a few older postings about this on the list, but supposedly 1.3.97
> fixed this.

What change in 1.3.97 was related?  There as a change in 1.3.95 related
to rare complaints of EINVAL from fcntl(), but they were innocuous.

> Here's what I'm getting in the log after updating DCC on a bunch of
> FreeBSD 6.3 boxes:
>
> Jan 12 18:25:24 spamd2 dccifd[11494]: 1.3.99 listening to
> /usr/local/dcc/dccifd for ASCII protocol
> Jan 12 18:25:24 spamd2 dccifd[11494]: open fcntl(F_SETLKW F_WRLCK
> /usr/local/dcc/whiteclnt.dccx -1): Invalid argument
> Jan 12 18:25:24 spamd2 dccifd[11494]: fcntl(F_SETLKW F_WRLCK info
> /usr/local/dcc/map -1): Invalid argument

Did you do a CVS update on your FreeBSD boxes to use a more recent
FreeBSD libc, thereby creating conflicts among system call wrappers,
thread packages, and header files?  That was probably related to
similar sounding problems reported in
http://www.rhyolite.com/pipermail/dcc/2008/003681.html

Does only dccifd have the problem?  For example, does `cdcc rtt`
also have problems opening /usr/local/dcc/map?

Is there any chance that the dccifd that is complaining is not the
new dccifd installed by updatedcc?

I don't currently have access to a FreeBSD 6.3 box.  My production
boxes are still running variations of 6.2.  I do have an account on
a FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE system apparently running DCC version 101
without problems.