logging

Wed Dec 3 14:41:52 UTC 2008

> From: "Thomas Kinghorn - MWEB"

> We are running 2 DCC servers and a bunch of servers running dccifd on
> Freebsd 7.
> However, the servers are not logging anything to /var/dcc/log.
>
> The dcc_conf logging options are the default.

Ensure that /var/dcc/log exists and is writable by the UID used by dccifd

Ensure that the value of DCCIFD_LOG_AT is small enough
to log what you want.  In the dcc_conf file created by the first
`make install`, DCCIFD_LOG_AT=$DCCM_LOGDIR and DCCM_LOGDIR=5.
That will log mail messages with a checksum values >=5.
("MANY" can be used instead and is larger than any number.)

If you are trying to use the automatic log directory creation mechanism
to make new log directories every day, hour, or minute, then since
I think you are using an older version /var/dcc/libexec/start-dccifd
you will need to use extra quotes to protect the '?' character, as in
DCCM_LOGDIR="'D?log'"