RBL check combines SMTP sender and Mail_From domains

Chris Aseltine ophidian@newsnation.com
Fri Sep 19 14:44:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> Sign up for a free account at Hotmail, send it some email, and see
> what happens.  If your results are like mine for the last year or two,
> to receive mail at Hotmail from a new or rare sender, you will be
> forced to "bother to check a web page" (with or without SPF).

Last time I checked, I emailed myself at Hotmail from a new IP and it was
completely tossed.  Didn't even appear in the spam folder.  I also added
the From: address to my "address book" and "whitelist".  Still tossed.
This IP does not appear on any blacklist (as checked by mxtoolbox.com and
others).  Conclusion: Hotmail is a joke.