how to create a map file?

Len Conrad LConrad@Go2France.com
Thu Sep 18 18:52:01 UTC 2008

FreeBSD 6.2-Release

dcc installed from the FreeBSD pkg, pgk_info shows:
dcc-dccd-1.3.86     Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse bulk email detector

machine is outside of the firewall

None of the spamassassin/dcc/amavis how-to's, which are all pretty simple and straightforward,  have got me to a working setup.  The problem seems to be the dcc map file.

I had the strange idea of copying map.sample to map to get going, but:

cdcc "info"
fcntl(F_SETLKW F_WRLCK info /usr/local/dcc/map -1): Invalid argument
fcntl(F_SETLKW F_WRLCK info /tmp/map2DO612 -1): Invalid argument
 ?
so I removed the map file, and:

cdcc "new map"
open(map): No such file or directory
    created /usr/local/dcc/map
fcntl(F_SETLKW F_WRLCK info /usr/local/dcc/map -1): Invalid argument
 ?

cdcc "info"
fcntl(F_SETLKW F_WRLCK info /usr/local/dcc/map -1): Invalid argument
fcntl(F_SETLKW F_WRLCK info /tmp/map2DPce1 -1): Invalid argument

Thanks
Len