Compiler warning while building dcc-1.3.95

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Mon Sep 15 22:01:30 UTC 2008

I'm sure this is a minor problem.  It appeared for me while building
dcc-1.3.95 on both Solaris 9 SPARC and Solaris 10 x86 with the Sun
compiler:

  cc -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64   -I../include    -c -o dccsight.o dccsight.c
  "dccsight.c", line 75: warning: attribute "unused" may not be applied to type, ignored

Here's the relevant code in dccsight.c:

      74  static void do_grey(void);
      75  static int add_cksum(DCC_EMSG, UATTRIB DCC_WF *,
      76                       DCC_CK_TYPES, DCC_SUM, DCC_TGTS);
      77  static void print_ck(void *arg, const char *, u_int);

I suppose it should read `DCC_WF * UATTRIB' instead, but I don't know
for sure.  This version still seemed to work.