RBL check combines SMTP sender and Mail_From domains

Sun Sep 14 16:56:59 UTC 2008

> From: Gary Mills <mills@cc.umanitoba.ca>

> I didn't get Vernon's response, or the announcements of new DCC
> versions, because my DCC was rejecting the mail.  Apparently, it's now
> passed the bulk mail threshold!

As I always say, wanted bulk mail should be whitelisted.  One of the many
ways to whitelist this mailing list is by adding the following to a global
/var/dcc/whiteclnt file, to relevant per-user whiteclnt files, or
perhaps to a /var/dcc/whitecommon or server /var/dcc/whitelist file:

OK      env_from    dcc-admin@rhyolite.com

One could also whitelist by IP address.   If you are running dccm,
dccifd, or dccproc with -SList-ID as in the comments in the example
/var/dcc/dcc_conf file or the /var/dcc/dcc_conf-new file generated by
updatedcc, you could also use

OK  substitute List-ID: Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse <dcc.rhyolite.com>

See also the sample whitecommon file in the DCC source, perhaps at
http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/dcc-tree/homedir/whitecommon

In this particular case, it appears that a subscriber to this mailing list
is reporting it with `dccproc -cMANY` or some other spam-trap mechanism.