RBL check combines SMTP sender and Mail_From domains

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Sun Sep 14 16:25:34 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 09:33:33PM -0500, Gary Mills wrote:

> The problem was that the SMTP peer's IP address, 139.142.192.9, was
> not on a zen blacklist.  It was actually their e-mail domain name that
> resolved to 216.94.25.20 that was on the blacklist.  The error is
> certainly confusing.  The MX record for that domain was not on the
> blacklist.  Likely their e-mail domain is also their web site, making
> it difficult for them to change.

I didn't get Vernon's response, or the announcements of new DCC
versions, because my DCC was rejecting the mail.  Apparently, it's now
passed the bulk mail threshold!

Yes, the change in recent versions that adds `-Bno-mail_host' will
solve my problem.  Yes, it was the envelope `mail from' domain that
was causing the problem.  I'm preparing to install the latest DCC
version now.