dcc 'make install' fails on Debian

Arno van Amersfoort arnova@eld.physics.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Aug 1 09:01:27 UTC 2008

I'm puzzled. I tried all of this:
- remove /usr/local/man: FAILS
- create /usr/local/man: FAILS
- building on a cleanly installed debian/lenny x86 machine: FAILS
- building on a production debian/etch x86 machine: WORKS!

After looking at the /autoconf/install.sh script, I think it has
something to do with this line which gives an empty value:
doit="${DOITPROG-}"

I haven't been able to figure out how I can build it WITHOUT the
documentation stuff. Could you provide a hint on how to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Arno