nagios plugin

Fri Jul 18 23:42:06 UTC 2008

> From: "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm@prime.gushi.org>
> To: Cameron Slye <cslye@calweb.com>
> cc: dcc@rhyolite.com

> DO you mean the local process, or remotely?
>
> I could probably adapt something for the first.  The second is also
> doable but would require DCC installed on the nagios host unless I can get
> some basic information from vernon.

I think many people over the years have done the obvious.  That is to
to use `cdcc stats`, `cdcc info`, or perhaps `cdcc rtt` with nagios and
other system monitoring schemes.
Depending on where you run the `cdcc` command and whether you use
something like `cdcc info` (and so the local /var/dcc/map file) or
`cdcc "host dcc1.example.com; id 76544; password secret; stats`
you would be checking what local DCC clients see or the health of the server.

The dcc-servers mailing list has a thread that mentions nagios plugins:
http://www.rhyolite.com/mailman/private/dcc-servers/2004/thread.html#154
That mailing list is open only to operators of DCC servers.  See
http://www.rhyolite.com/mailman/listinfo/dcc-servers

See also
http://www.google.com/search?q=nagios+dcc+mail