[DCC] Re: What to do about brief text messages with misspelling?

Kelsey Cummings kgc@corp.sonic.net
Tue Jul 8 17:07:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 04:33:40PM +0000, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> There is another possibility.  I've long wondered about changing the
> DCC client code support for DNS blacklists to have two sets of blacklists.
> Individual users can enable or disable DNSBL checks for their mail done
> by dccm, dccifd, or dccproc.  If there were two sets with separate controls,
> you could put the PBL into the second set and let that user enable it
> for only that mailbox.  Would adding that complication be worthwhile?

Vernon, we've offered our users similar functionality for a long time
though our own milter filters and it makes a certain subset of users VERY
happy to be able to choose to apply RBLs to their mail flow that we
wouldn't use by default (or even recommend that anyone use.)

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc@corp.sonic.net      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way