What to do about brief text messages with misspelling?

John Levine johnl@iecc.com
Tue Jul 8 17:04:23 UTC 2008

>> I'd bite the bullet, use the PBL, and get your Asian clients to fix their
>> configurations.  It's one time pain for long term benefit all around.
>
> I agree with John, but a compromise might be to whitelist those clients
> instead of getting them to change their configurations to use some
> form of SMTP authentication.

There's also the hoary hack of POP-before-SMTP, a dynamic whitelist of
hosts that have recently authenticated for POP or IMAP.  That used to be
very popular before SMTP AUTH, and you can probably still find code for
popular MTAs to do it.

R's,
John