OS and architecture migration for DCC

Wed Jun 11 05:22:50 UTC 2008

> From: Gary Mills

> So with two servers with both dccd and grey databases and floods
> between them, I should just start the upgraded server up with no
> databases.  They will get initialized during startup and populated
> from the other server.  Is that the correct procedure?

That is what I would do.

It would take a little while for the database to flood to the new
system.  Until the database on the new system is full, fitering
effectiveness would be reduced.  You could fiddle with the map files
to keep dccm from talking to the new system for a day or two.
Or just not worry about it, since after an hour or two the database
will caught up enough so that effectiveness won't be reduced my more
than 10%.