DCC on Centos 4.6 Accepting All mail if I understand correctly

Fri Apr 25 15:31:22 UTC 2008

> From: "Becskei Robert"

> I've just installed DCC on my server configured it,

Judging from the log file, I suspect that you are not running the
current version of dccifd.  The current version is 1.3.90.  You
can determine the version you are using with `cdcc -V` or `dccifd -V`

If you are not using the current version, it would be good to install.
it.  Unless you obtained the source from a third party that broke the
shell script /var/dcc/libexec/updatedcc, running that script should
fetch, configure, compile, install, and restart dccifd.

>                                                     and in /var/dcc/log I
> see the following :
>
> If I understand correctly this message is accepted for delivery instead of
> being dropped cause it's obviously spam, why ?

>         Fuz2=many
>                             reported: 1               checksum  server
>                        IP: 45c16e81 5be2cac6 65a639fb 29b6354c

>                      Body: f119c4f7 f53c166d e3bfea0a e2db03bb    many
>                      Fuz1: c540dacf ff893152 90304931 3513dc3a    many
>                      Fuz2: 558ce5e6 847ee1c9 5558444f eb6e6318    many
>      substitute mail_host: e1f59373 d85df116 8b9fd3e0 54c524d3
>
> result: accept

What is the value of DCCIFD_REJECT_AT (or DCCM_REJECT_AT) in
/var/dcc/dcc_conf?  The absense of a "threshold" column in the
checksum results in that log file suggest that DCCIFD_REJECT_AT is
not set.  To reject mail with body checksums of "MANY", try setting
DCCIFD_REJECT_AT=MANY   I use a far smaller value, but I also use
per-user whitelists.