OT: sendmail issue

John Sutton john@scl.co.uk
Thu Nov 29 13:04:57 UTC 2007

Hi there

I've just posted this to news:comp.mail.sendmail (why do Sendmail still
insist on using this ridiculous protocol?) without any great hope of
receiving any sensible responses, so I'm hoping someone here might be
able to help me?  TIA.

Subject: Switch off dnsbl lookup for port 587?

Hi there

I would like to use a dnsbl lookup on connections to port 25
but omit the lookup for (authenticated-only) connections to
the MSA port 587.  In this way, my roaming users/dynamicIP
users will not get locked out.  I cannot use FEATURE(delay_checks)
because this defeats the DCC hack to disable DCC for SMTP AUTHed
connections ;-(

Seems like a perfectly reasonable requirement to me but the only
way I can see to do it is to run a second daemon.

Any other ideas?
TIA
John Sutton

John Sutton
SCL Internet
URL http://www.scl.co.uk/
Tel. +44 (0) 1239 622 411
SCL Internet is a trading name of Shireglobe
Computers Limited, a company registered in England
and Wales with company number 2441708.