DKIM becomes more official

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Sun Oct 28 14:36:58 UTC 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 08:39:05PM -0400, John L wrote:

> >>Does that header change depending on the sender?
>
> At the moment, yes, eventually no.  We're hashing out the spec in a group
> down the virtual hall from the DKIM group.

If they're all the same, which I assume means that the e-mail domain
of the sender will no longer appear in the header text, DCC clients
won't be able to treat different e-mail domains differently.  DCC
computes checksums for each header individually, but has almost no way
to handle combinations of headers.  I realize that authentication is
only a one-bit value, but it's the e-mail domain that's important for
reputations.  This can take on thousands of values.