dccifd 1.3.61 returns no fuz counts, config error?

Fri Oct 5 03:49:20 UTC 2007

> From: Carl Byington

> I have dccm running (for years) and working nicely. I am in the process
> of trying to shift to dccifd.

That is talking to dccifd?  Are you using the ASCII protocol or the
restricted SMTP/TCP/IP proxy mode originally intended for Postfix?
My guess is the ASCII protocol.

> dccifd does not seem to report the fuz headers. I get responses back on
> the socket like:
>
> R.R.X-DCC-Rhyolite-Metrics: ns.five-ten-sg.com 104; bulk Body=0..

I do not understand the rejection for a body count of 0 given
dccifd's args.

Body but no Fuz1 or Fuz2 counts suggest that the body of the message
is very tiny or missing, perhaps because it is not separated from the
headers by a blank line or because the headers are absent.

If you don't need Received: or other headers parsed to obtain
recipients and so forth, you can use a single pro forma header like

My guess is that there is something wrong in the use of the
dccifd ASCII protocol.

I often feed test messages to
/var/dcc/build/dcc/dccifd/dccif-test/dccif-test as in

    % ./dccif-test -r vjs -oquery,header -I msg0

    overall result = 'A'
	vjs: 'A'

That quick hack of a test program has no man page but it does have
some comments in dccif-test.c and a usage message:
  usage: [-VP] [-h FIFO | homedir | hostname,port] [-o opts] [-c clnt-addr]
    [-l heLo] [-f env_from] [-I ifile] [-O ofile] [-r rcpt1[,user1]] [...]

Please note this bit from the description of the ASCII protocol in
the dccifd man page:
                                                              If
       the list of (recipient,user) pairs is empty, then instead
       of a report, the DCC server will be sent a query that will
       not change the database.  Recipients that lack local user
       names will lack per-user log files and will not invoke a
       per-user whitelist.

It's been a while since I tried it, but there is also a perl
sample in /var/dcc/build/dcc/dccifd/dccif-test/dccif-test.pl