DCC Rep Problem

William Taylor williamt@napanet.net
Fri Sep 21 19:18:55 UTC 2007

Having a problem with DCC giving me a bad rep with my setup.
My setup
 Inbound mail comes in on one of serveral MX servers:
   MX1.domain.com
   MX2.domain.com
   MX3.domain.com
 From there based on user mail is routed to one of my local delivery boxes:
   ld1.domain.com
   ld2.domain.com

 From the local delivery boxes procmail uses SpamAssassin to talk to one of my
SpamAssassin boxes:
   sa1.domain.com
   sa2.domain.com

 On my SpamAssassin boxes various magic is done including using dccifd to talk
to dcc.

 Whats happening is im getting a bad rep because my SpamAssassin box sees my MX
and LD boxes before it. How do I tell DCC to ignore those headers? Looking to
the man pages it looks like I use either of the two lines in my whitelist
file:
  MX		IP	mx1.domain.com
  MXDCC 	IP	mx1.domain.com

I get errors including it in the whitelist file when running cron-dccd but I
also have it in my whiteclnt file with no luck. Do I need to use IP Addresses
instead of names if my MX records have multiple A records?
 Whats the proper format to exclude those headers and how do I check that it
works?

Thanks,
  William