change to DCC license

John L johnl@iecc.com
Tue Sep 18 17:15:57 UTC 2007

>> I'd prefer that the name of the 'improved' repackaged versions with
>> minor changes be based on DCC with a different suffix or prefix.
>> Fewer buzzwords and easier to evaluate.

I'm with Vern.  Most of the alleged improvements are just breakage, and
given what DCC does, it's really important the the versions interoperate
correctly, which "improved' versions probably don't.

qmail has survived pretty well with a license saying essentially what you
do, distribute my package, not modified versions.  People who really want
modified versions can distribute the original plus a patch kit, so it's
clear what's changed.

Regards,
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.