dccifd process stuck (using all available CPU)

Andrew Cunningham andrew.cunningham@esi-group-na.com
Mon Aug 27 17:05:45 UTC 2007

Hi,
My setup is

OS X Server 10.3.9
SpamAssassin 3.2.3
( linked with CommunigatePro)
DCC

DCC has been working very well for me. I was using a version of DCC
about a year old ( sorry I am not sure of the version)

I then updated  ( using  /var/dcc/libexec/updatedcc) to  DCC 1.3.58
and soon noticed that a 'dccifd' process was using 100% of the CPU
and would never die ( note CPU time of  2387:52.34)

505  ??  R    2387:52.34 /var/dcc/libexec/dccifd -tCMN,5, -llog -
wwhiteclnt -Uuserdirs

Things I tried
- rebooting
- updated ( using  /var/dcc/libexec/updatedcc) to the 'latest'
version 1.3.59
- completely removed dcc and re-installed from scratch
No matter what I do ( apart from disabling DCC checks in
SpamAssassin), at some point a 'dccifd' will get stuck using 100% CPU
and never die. It is not 'every' dccifd.

Andrew