DCC and SpamAssassin not working properly...

Pfirter Lukas lp@rpag.ch
Tue Jul 24 11:59:23 UTC 2007

Hi list,

I've installed DCC (latest release) into my SpamAssassin (2.6.x)
environment a few days ago but I'm now experiencing some trouble. I went
after a few how to's on the internet.
DCC doens't seem to get any messages (no spam tagged mail does have DCC
in X-Spam SpamAssassin tests).

I do get an empty DCC-header in the mails:
http://www.rhyolite.com/pipermail/dcc/2003/001670.html
As I've seen while googling is that it could be a path problem (altough
I'm using dcc_path and not dcc_home, should be correct?). My local.cf
looks like this:
use_dcc 1
dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc
dcc_add_header 1
dcc_timeout 20
add_header  all DCC _DCCB_: _DCCR_
I use dccproc and not dccifd... (see SpamAssassin debug below).

When I run "spamassassin -D --lint", the testmail that is processed
there is successfully catched by DCC (I cut unimportant lines, only the
ones having to do with DCC):
debug: DCCifd is not available: no r/w dccifd socket found.
debug: DCC is available: /usr/local/bin/dccproc
debug: DCC: got response: X-DCC-EATSERVER-Metrics: 39197 1166; Body=many
Fuz1=many Fuz2=many
debug: DCC: Listed! BODY: 999999 of 999999 FUZ1: 999999 of 999999 FUZ2:
999999 of 999999
debug: is spam? score=3.076 required=5
tests=DATE_MISSING,DCC_CHECK,NO_REAL_NAME

That looks good, doesn't it?
Well another problem existing is, that DCC does have a timeout in
"spamassassin -D --lint" often, even when I've set the timeout to 20
seconds.
"/var/dcc/log" is always empty btw... and I didn't change anything in
/var/dcc/dcc_conf.

Thank you a lot!