WHitelisting authenticated users

Sam Leffler sam@errno.com
Fri Jun 22 16:40:47 UTC 2007

Vernon Schryver wrote:
>> From: Daniel V Klein
>
>> I'd like to whitelist any authenticated-user email (they come from all manner
>> of IP adresses, so they are not necessarily "local").  Is this possible?
>
> You might Use `/var/dcc/libexec/hackmc -T` as the text in that shell
> script says to:
>
> #   -T  modify the sendmail rules to trust (whitelist) mail from users
> #       authenticated with an SMTP AUTH TRUST_AUTH_MECH() mechanism or from
> #       SMTP clients with certificates verified with START TLS.
> #       If STMP-AUTH used, TRUST_AUTH_MECH must be set in the .mc file and
> #       sendmail must be built with SASL or otherwise have working SMTP auth.
> #       FEATURE(`delay_checks') must NOT be used.
>
> It works for me with START TLS, but I've never tried with SMTP AUTH.
> It should be the same, but I have heard a report from someone who
> was unable to make it work.

I've never been able to leverage SMTP AUTH to bypass greylisting w/
sendmail.  Not sure if that's the intent of the original request.  Some
folks suggested running sendmail on a separate port w/ a different
config that required SMTP AUTH and bypassed greylisting in the config
but I never did that.

I'd love to have a solution.

	Sam